Full Site View
Quick Links
  My Bulletin
  Contact The Bulletin

Groene at the Legislature: Teacher absences, substitutes

Mail: Southern statues symbolize suppression

More opinion

Ag News

Senate: Vote no on Graham-Cassidy health care plan

Fall: Good time to spray musk thistle in rosette stage

More Ag News

NorthPlatte Weather

Email Article | Print Article
News - Local News
Shooting in Hershey: One man dead, woman injured (updated) Tell North Platte what you think
Courtesy Photo­Image

A young Hershey man died Tuesday afternoon of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound after shooting his girlfriend’s mother in the hand during a struggle, according the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.

At 1:56 p.m., a 911 caller said a woman had a gunshot wound in the hand on E. Second St., just off Hershey’s main street.

The caller also said a man had been shot and was thought to be dead.

According to a sheriff’s report, when deputies arrived and secured the house, they found the man in the living room, deceased, and a woman outside the house with an apparent gunshot wound in her hand.

The deceased was Taylon Thompson, 22, of Tryon. The injured woman was Alisha Imler, 39.

Hershey First Responders and Sutherland Rescue arrived, treated Imler and transported her to Great Plains Health for further treatment.

Thompson and Catherine Ward, 19, argued in the early morning hours at a place in North Platte, and Thompson is believed to have physically assaulted Ward, the sheriff's office said. Ward went to her mother’s house on E. Second in Hershey.

Around 1:55 p.m., Thompson arrived at Imler’s home on E. Second and pushed open the north door. He was emotionally upset and wanted to see Ward, investigators say.

Imler’s live-in boyfriend, Todd LaHaye, 35, tried to stop Thompson from entering the house and told him to leave. Thompson assaulted LaHaye and a struggle began.

Imler tried to help LaHaye remove Thompson from their home. At some point during the struggle, Thompson pulled a .40 caliber handgun out and shot Imler in the hand, which ended the struggle.

Imler, Ward and LaHaye all tried to leave the house through a back door. During this time, Thompson shot himself with the weapon, ending the assault. Thompson died at the scene.

The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office has officially determined that Thompson’s death was a suicide.

Imler was treated for the gunshot wound and released from Great Plains Health.

Alcohol or drugs do not appear to be a factor in this case, the sheriff's office said.


Like this story to send to your facebook

The North Platte Bulletin - Published 7/11/2017
Copyright © 2017 northplattebulletin.com - All rights reserved.
Flatrock Publishing, Inc. - 1300 E 4th St., Suite F - North Platte, NE 69101
Show me Talk Back during this visit