The North Platte area Sandhills Symphony Orchestra is currently accepting applications for the position of Symphony Orchestra conductor.The orchestra is comprised of volunteer musicians from all over central Nebraska and performs two concerts each year. Orchestra conductors are responsible for conducting all rehearsals and concerts under the supervision of the Symphony board of directors.
The conductor will be expected to:
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills by maintaining a good working relationship with orchestra members and the symphony board.
• Carry out policies, procedures, goals and objectives as established by the symphony board.
• Communicate clearly with the symphony board.
• Project enthusiasm that motivates musicians.
• Demonstrate a sound working knowledge of orchestral instruments and techniques.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of classical repertoire/literature.
• Commit to rehearsal and performance schedules.
• Select literature to be played by the ensemble in consultation with the symphony board.
• Assist with the recruitment of new members.
• Maintain excellent relations with other music instructors, professional musicians and musical/artistic organizations in the community.
• Notify the symphony board president in the event that absence from a rehearsal is necessary as far in advance as possible and arrange for a substitute.
The deadline for applications is July 28. Applications can be submit by mail to: Sandhills Symphony PO BOX 1972 North Platte, NE 69103, or by email to: Symphony Board President Robert Martinson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.