Enjoy hiking, painting outdoors, and learning about wildflowers throughout June at Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area, Lake Ogallala and Ash Hollow State Historical Park.The June events are as follows:
• June 3: Ash Hollow Trail Walk, Ash Hollow SHP, 10 a.m. Celebrate National Trails Day with a guided 3-mile hike along the historic Oregon Trail.
• June 3: National Trails Day Hike, Lake Ogallala SRA, 3 p.m. Binoculars for bird viewing will be available.
• June 4: Wonders of Wildflowers, Lake McConaughy SRA, 2 p.m. Enjoy a presentation about native wildflowers and when they are in bloom.
• June 9: Pie and Paint, Lake McConaughy SRA, 5 p.m. Join the park naturalist at the lake to enjoy a slice of pie while you paint. Canvas, brushes, paint and a slice of pie will be provided for a fee. Call 308-284-8800 to register.
• June 10: Wildflower Walk, Lake McConaughy SRA, 10 a.m. Go on a mid-morning walk to identify wildflowers with a local wildflower enthusiast.
• June 10: Tea and Canvas, Lake McConaughy SRA, 3 p.m. Enjoy tea and an afternoon of acrylic painting by the lake. Canvas, brushes, paint and refreshments will be provided for a fee. Call 308-284-8800 to register.
• June 23: Dog Walk at the Lake, Lake Ogallala SRA, 5 p.m. Bring a four-legged friend out for a guided hike.
A park entry permit is required.