Board of director positions for the Golden Spike Tower will become vacant June 16 and applicants are welcome, Executive Director Kirsten Parker said Tuesday.The vacancies are full voting board members, with no requirements other than they shall be filled by a resident living outside of North Platte city limits.
The members of the Golden Spike Tower shall be appointed by the current board of directors, with candidates recommended by the nominating committee.
Parker said the following excerpts from the bylaws will be of interest to prospective candidates:
• Each member shall serve for a term of 1-3 years.
• Unexcused absences from three regularly scheduled meetings in one fiscal year will be cause to recommend removal of that member from the board.
• Members shall receive no compensation for services, except reimbursement for necessary expenses.
• The board of directors shall meet once each month at a place and time agreed upon by the membership. Meetings are currently held at noon on the third Monday each month at the Chamber of Commerce conference room.
• Special meetings may be called by the president of the board, or two directors, with a minimum of three days notice.
• No less than one-half of the directors shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business at any meeting of the board.
• The officers of the board shall be elected by the directors. Officers shall consist of a president, secretary and treasurer. The elections are held during the annual meeting in June.
• This organization is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
• To be considered for the Golden Spike Tower Board of Directors, first an application must be completed. All applications will be reviewed and applicants interviewed by the nominating committee and current board of directors.
For consideration, an application form and any attachments must be received by close of business on June 5. Applications can be found at GoldenSpikeTower.com or at the tower during normal business hours.
Applications may be dropped off or mailed to: Golden Spike Tower, Nominating Committee, 1249 N. Homestead Road, North Platte, NE 69101.
Anyone interested in learning more about this board vacancy may contact nominee committee chairwoman, Kathy Swain at the North Platte Chamber (308) 532-4966 or Executive Director Kirsten Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (308) 532-9920.