More than 30 organizations will gather on Tuesday, April 4 to provide information about services and resources in the North Platte area.Organizations will present information about services offered by a wide spectrum of agencies at the event, which is called "Project Connect."
The event will serve as a “one-stop spot” to connect individuals with a variety of services, resources and programs, organizers say.
Project Connect will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. April 4 at the Salvation Army, 1020 N. Adams in North Platte.
Services will cover:
• Employment, job assistance and training;
• Education from early childhood through college;
• Veterans’ services including the North Platte VA Clinic, the Grand Island Veterans Administration, Supportive Service for Veterans, and Workforce Development;
• Affordable Care Act insurance providers and services for the disabled including respite care;
• Youth programs;
• Legal assistance;
• Housing including those who are homeless, near homeless, or needing housing assistance;
• Mental health;
• Parenting including nutrition, programs, and counseling; Clothing and food assistance;
• Domestic violence;
• Assistance with completing applications for programs.
The West Central District Health Department will provide free health screenings and risk assessments.
Participants will receive a food box and be eligible for other giveaways. A free lunch will be provided. Spanish language assistance will be provided.
For more information, contact The Salvation Army, West Central District Health Department, or Community Action Partnership.
The event is being sponsored by Families First Partnership.